Alcester Street Market and Party Sunday June 12th 2016
The Theme this year is ” A Right Royal Party “
This year the theme will be ‘A Right Royal Party’ and is being held on Sunday June 12th and will be combined with a bring your own tables and chairs Street party to celebrate the Queen’s 90th Birthday.
The Street Market commences with a Fancy Dress Competition at 12:15 followed by a parade at 12:45 and officially opens at 13:00.
The Fancy dress will be judged at 12:15 in Bleachfield Street car park with prizes for the best outfits awarded on the church green just after the opening. There will also be a shop window display and best stall competition. Live music will be available throughout the event at various locations in and around the High Street.
Programme of Events
- Week commencing Sunday 5th June – Best Shop Window Judging.
- Sunday 12th June – Court Leet Street Market Day.
- Fun Run – Cancelled due to reasons beyond our control
- 12.15 Fancy Dress Judging – Bleachfield Street Car Park.
- 12.45 Procession – from Bleachfield Street to St Nicholas Church.
- 13.00 Official Opening on Church Green followed by awards for the Fancy Dress and Poster competition
Scores of Stalls, things to buy and things to do, fun-packed entertainment for all the family.
- Musical entertainment outside The Three Tuns.
- Awards for the best Stall and best Shop Window.
- 17:00 Official Closure followed by music outside the Turk’s Head.
- 19.00 Road re-opens.
- Musical finale outside at the Holly Bush and inside at The Cross Keys.
The Historic Alcester Town Hall will be open during the Market day. Please drop in and view the magnificent Hammer Beam roof upstairs in the Bailiff’s Hall and other historical items downstairs.
All monies raised by the Court Leet during the event go towards the High Bailiff’s Charity Fund.
Fancy Dress Competition – “Britishness'”
Sponsors: Oversley Mill Services, The High Bailiff and Clive Hine & Son
The competition will be held in three categories:
Under 10’s, 10-16s, Adults
1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes will be awarded in each category.
Competitors should assemble for judging at 12.15 p.m. in Bleachfield Street car park.
Best Stall Competition – “Britishness'”
Judging will take place during the Court Leet Street Market Awards for 1st, 2nd and 3rd
Shop Window Competition – “Britishness'”
Judging will take place during week leading up to the Court Leet Street Market. Awards for 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
Schools’ Poster Competition
Sponsors : PSW
Entries exhibited in the Town Hall during the day. Awards for 1st, 2nd and 3rd in three categories:
Nursery to year 2, years 3 to 6 and years 7 and above.
The Court Leet Street Market is a major event in the festival Town of Alcester and the organising committee would like to thank all those individuals and organisations who have contributed to the success of the event by running stalls, offering entertainment, participating in the competitions and providing sponsorship.
Thanks also go out to all those who attend and buy programmes and we hope that you have an enjoyable afternoon.
Do come and see us again next year!
Answers to the quiz on page 37 of the Street Market Programme.
- A dachshund
- Alfred the Great
- Queen Victoria
- Battle of Flodden Field
- Edward II
- William IV
- King Henry VIII’s waist
- Harold Godwinson or Harold II
- He designed the present Queen’s wedding dress
- George IV
- Edward I
- George VI
- Richard II
- Westminster Abbey
- Nell Gwynn
- Juan Carlos
- Henry VIII